[CentOS] Unable to mount devices in rescue mode

Edward Diener

eldiener at tropicsoft.com
Sun Aug 1 17:29:52 UTC 2010

Booting to CentOS 5.5 works and I am able to login with all my devices
mounted. When I boot from the install DVD and type "linux rescue" I
eventually get the message, after attempting to have one of the screens
mount my partitions in read/write mode:

"An error occurred trying to mount some or all of your system. Some of
it may be mounted under /mnt/sysimage."

But nothing appears mounted under /mnt/sysimage. Does anybody have any
idea of why this error is happening ? Should I try mounting my CentOS
5.5 partitions manually at this point ?