[CentOS] /bin/su wont work inside a chroot?

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 20:44:59 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-08-01 at 16:26 -0400, Robert Heller wrote:

> > ---
> > Or be dirty and symlink it out to the main root /etc/sudoers...of which
> > may create your security problem in present.....tense
>
> Symlink won't work.  A hard link will work, but that only works if the
> chroot and the main root are on the same physical file system.
---
It *WILL* work It is called "Outside to In" && mount -o bind will also.
The difference depends on what is exactly the person needs.  IE (which
way).  It will also allow a "Jail Break" Out & In.  So security goes out
the window.  In effect Zero Day here we are.

I'll post up full details next time.

John