[CentOS] /bin/su wont work inside a chroot?

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 21:08:33 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-08-01 at 16:46 -0400, Jason Pyeron wrote:

> > I would be very skeptical as launching apache as root.  Would
>
> I did not and could not lauch apache as root, that is why I recompiled the
> chroot so I could use my build env as a non-root user.
>
> > like to see that specfile though, you can su in the specfile
> > it self to switch to another user or daemon.  I have an rpm
> > that does just that.
> >

> Specfiles herein:
>
> http://client.pdinc.us/subversion-1.6.12-yumrepo/
>

> Please rip them apart.
>
> Known issues:
>
> 1. python2.3 does not provide /usr/bin/python (breaks yum until you fix the #!
> line)
> 2. subversion has issues with swig at the moment and no attempt to make the perl
> or python parts.
> 3. subversion makes no attempt to use bdb.
> 4. the binary subversion-tools rpm depends on the unbilt subversion-perl rpm.
> 5. subversion build test are slow!
>
> -Jason
Jason,

Umm what version OS are they for el5?  Yum may break also.  I really
think they are to new of rpms.  Upstreams subversion is not even that
high in el6 and it does not even do a make test in the spec.  Python
maybe to new also.  Will they fully dependency solve?

John

Check this out:
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/rhel/beta/6Server-beta2/source/SRPMS/subversion-1.6.11-1.el6.src.rpm