[CentOS] how to dual boot centos with redhat?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Aug 3 13:10:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 07:56:42AM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> John R. Dennison wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 04:09:47PM +0430, hadi motamedi wrote:
> >> If so, I can un-subscribe from the list.
> >

> Please point out the search result that will solve his problem if it is so easy
> for you...  Or if you can't, please avoid polluting future searches with
> non-answers.

Just to point out though, that the first query did seem like an
elementary one that could have easily been solved--the onus, in this
case, is probably on the OP, but at any rate....

> VMware on the best machine you have and run the OS in question as a guest.  In
> many cases you can find an image already installed that you can just download
> and run under VMware player.  If you have to build your own, you'll probably
> want the latest version of vmware server 1.x that you can find (the 2.x versions
> have a problem running under Red Hat or Centos and  nobody likes the web based
> console).

Aha---have you tried the latest VMwareplayer?  It seems to be their
replacement for the old  VMwareserver.  It now enables you to install an
O/S, so these days, I'm recommending it over VMware server--like you
(and most people), I greatly dislike the 2.x way of doing things.

There is also the lighter, and at this point, probably less feature-ful
VirtualBox, of course.  However, VMwareplayer, like the old VMware
server (that is, 1.x) allows you to install a wide variety of systems.

Also, as was said above, you can often find a prebuilt image.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Oz: We survived.