[CentOS] who uses Lustre in production with virtual machines?

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 14:42:13 UTC 2010

On 8/3/10, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at softdux.com> wrote:
> I'm considering setting up a Lustre cluster system for our XEN virtual
> machines as shared storage, mainly for high availability on our XEN
> VPS servers.
>
> Does anyone use Lustre in a production environment?
> What is your opinions / experiences with it?

I haven't used Lustre but was also researching on using it for same
purpose as shared storage for VMs. Dropped it in the end from
consideration after some discussion on the Lustre mailing list points
out that it's more intended for high performance rather than high
availability. So it might not be that suitable as a HA solution.

Have you considered trying Gluster instead?