[CentOS] kernel panic not syncing fatal exception due to reiserfs -- rebooted properly on ext3

Agnello George agnello.dsouza at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 16:23:09 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 6:13 AM, James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> Hi
> >> I have install the  kernel using the Centosplus repo .. currenlly the
> kernel
> >> is
> >> 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5.centos.plus
> >> but how would i know if that patch is fixed in this version of the
> kernel
> >>  as mentioned in http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3156
> >> --
> >> Regards
> >> Agnello D'souza
> >
> > How about reading  the bug you linked where it states quite explicitly
> > that it was fixed in the 5.3 centos plus kernel
> > (2.6.18-128.el5.centos.plus) and recognising the version number as
> > previous to the one you just installed...
> >
> > James
>
> And if you wish to confirm that the patch is in the current centosplus
> kernel you are running, issue a command:
>
> rpm -q --changelog kernel-`uname -r` | more
>
> You will find this line:
>
> - added reiserfs patch (bug3156)
>
> somewhere near the top of the output.
>
> Akemi

Thanks so much i was able to confirm it !!
-------------------
here what i did

refer http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CentOSPlus

edit /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo
search [centosplus]
enabled=1
includepkgs=kernel* jfsutils reiserfs-utils

yum --enablerepo=centosplus install kernel

cat /proc/filesystems |grep reiser

possible that kernel module and not yet loaded.

 modprobe reiserfs

--
Regards
Agnello D'souza