[CentOS] access to file system through web browser

Jobst Schmalenbach

jobst at barrett.com.au
Thu Aug 5 01:08:28 UTC 2010

Hi.

I am trying to find "something" (php prefered) that I can stick onto a
Centos apache server that would allow me to browse a selected file system
by employees through a web-browser "explorer like" interface.

I know I can do this through WinSCP (and have done so), but my problem is I have
Linux, Windows and MAC clients and my knowledge of MAC's is rather limited.

I can limit access to the (php) files to (ranges of) IP addresses, so security
is reasonable ok and doing this through a web interface saves me time, too, as
I only have to do this once, and security fixes is easy, too.

Is there anything that would imitate a tree view like interface to
browse a file system?

Jobst

--
"She said she loved my mind, though by most accounts I had already lost it."