[CentOS] Dogs, trolls, and neighborly free/open source

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Aug 5 17:25:25 UTC 2010

m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
<snip>
> The simple answer is moderation. If, say, 3, or 5 regular posters complain
> about someone, they get a canned warning message; the luser does it a
> second time, they get dropped from the list. They rejoin, and do it again,
> they get dropped and banned for at least six months.

Forgot to add: moderation is important. Over on the redhalt general list,
every so often a dozen or two of us will complain when someone sets their
email to an out-of-office bounce, and we have days or weeks of the damn
things in response to almost every post, but the RH moderator doesn't pay
much attention to it. We've had some where it looked like someone had left
that when they left the job, and it took *weeks* of complaints before the
moderator paid attention and dropped them.

        mark