[CentOS] ext4?

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 19:24:47 UTC 2010

On 7 August 2010 20:10, Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>
> FWIW, I have installed GRUB to separate boot partition -
> not the MBR of the first hard drive.
>
> Whenever there is a kernel update, I have to mount and
> manually edit the /boot/grub/grub.conf file on the boot
> partition. Yum does not update it, as it doesn't know where
> it is. I prefer this behaviour, as it means I have total
> control over which kernel is running, even after a kernel
> upgrade.
>
> I also make backup copies of all kernel files, just in
> case I need to regress to a previous version, that yum may
> have removed.

This sounds like what might be happening tome although I'm not sure
how to resolve this?

As I have mentioned before, in /lib/modules there are sub folders for
various kernels leading upto the newest release I believe so how can I
compile those into a vmlinuz image to go into /boot (if that is indeed
what needs doing?)

--
Regards,
James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; Those who understand
Vigesimal, and J others...?