[CentOS] OT: Package to truncate .mp3 file

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Sun Aug 8 21:43:03 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 08, 2010 at 04:29:41PM -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:
> I have a 2.9 MB  MP3 file. Would like to use about the first 10%, to
> embed sound on a web page. The Packages I have in Applications > Sound
> & Video don't seem to be able to  edit the file like that. Is there a
> Package I can get from a Yum Repository that will do that? Using
> CentOS 5.5 (32 bit).   TIA!

	Audacity should be able to handle that I believe.

	Rpmforge carries it.

							John
--
When there are too many policemen, there can be no liberty.  When there are
too many soldiers, there can be no peace.  When there are too many lawyers,

-- Lin Yutang (10 October 1895 - 26 March 1976), Chinese writer and translator,
as quoted in Alexander, James (2005). The World's Funniest Laws. Cheam: Crombie
Jardine. pp. page 6