[CentOS] what people really mean when they say they're running"5.3"?

Brunner, Brian T. BBrunner at gai-tronics.com
Mon Aug 9 15:28:52 UTC 2010

Why install RedHat without a subscription? Because all the world knows
RedHat.
Why not switch to CentOS and get updates?  Because CentOS is one of the
best-kept secrets of the web.

How many google searches on RedHat and Updates and License return a link
to the CentOS sites?  The wikipedia entry does, none of the others in
the "first 10" hits, so finding CentOS takes knowing that it's there.