[CentOS] Downgrade libgcc & gcc packages (is there a clean way)

Roger K. Wells ROGER.K.WELLS at saic.com
Mon Aug 9 18:40:51 UTC 2010

  On 08/09/2010 02:24 PM, Dan Burkland wrote:
> Machine is running 5.3 and somehow both packages got updated to libgcc-4.1.2-48.el5 when they need to be libgcc-4.1.2-44.el5. The DBAs here perform the Oracle Grid Control client install however they said it will not install it if detects an incorrect package version.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Dan

I had a similar problem (using Fedora 13) and got the following responses:

"You can use mock

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Using_Mock_to_test_package_builds

Rahul

[Mr Gabriel Says ...] My answer was going to be, install centos 5.x in a
VM, use virtualbox, or <insert favorite virt. Tech here>, but having
doine a quick check of mock, I believe I will also install it and use it
too! Thanks Rahul"

I followed the link and it all works.  You may be able to use this
directly or perhaps
CentOS supports the same approach.

HTH
Roger Wells