[CentOS] xen vs kvm for virtualization on centos/rhel?

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Mon Aug 9 19:50:02 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 03:17:10PM -0400, Bobby wrote:

> I recommend using VirtualBOX from Sun. Close to wire speed, no need to alter
> the kernel. Simple and flexible to use.

No need to alter the kernel for KVM either. VirtualBox formerly from Sun has
been gathering bugs since Oracle took over. Personally I wouldn't recommend
it for serious use. It's a nice shiney toy though. But if you use, for
instance, its snapshotting feature, and then something goes wrong, veteran
users in the support forums will tell you you were a fool to ever trust the
feature. Guess you're supposed to have an instinct about it. Simple is no
good when major simple features aren't dependable.

Whit