[CentOS] Problem resizing partition of nfs volume

Dan Yamins dyamins at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 02:22:53 UTC 2010

I was just shown the solution to my problem, using the "sfdisk" program
instead of the "fdisk" or "parted" programs.    Apparently "parted" could
not work because the drive is not really SCSI, and the "fdisk" program is to
"incorrect" and was overwriting a portion of the disk.   however, "sfdisk"
turns out to be more correct -- although more cumbersome to use.

Dan