[CentOS] how many folks are *seriously* using ACLs?

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 04:11:49 UTC 2010

Greetings,

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 2:15 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>  i'm just curious -- how many people here are using ACLs as a regular
> and significant part of their sys admin?

I have used the ext3 (with acl mount option), gfs filesystem on centos
cluster with over 300 users -- of which over 150 users changed every
year.

I have used acl in conjunction with SVN repo.

Have configured samba server with fairly extensive acl.

(Not to mention the heavy duty acl usage in netware 4.x NDS which I
managed for around 8 years)

Regards,

Rajagopal