[CentOS] cfengine vs. puppet

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 19:35:49 UTC 2010

On 8/27/2010 2:17 PM, James Hogarth wrote:
> Fair enough - it didn't meet your requirements and you found something
> better that did :)
>
> My experience is that when managers/VPs start specifying a tech to use
> as opposed to a problem to solve things tend to get irritating
> quickly.
>
> I feel very fortunate to be in a company that looks to the future
> rather than hacking away to hang on to the past...

Keep in mind that next year the work you are doing now will be in the
past and they may want to toss it (and the people who did it) for the
next new thing.  Let us know how that works out for everyone.  My
experience has been that the companies that hang on to the past do so
because they have something worth keeping.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com