[CentOS] cfengine vs. puppet

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 19:41:59 UTC 2010

On 8/27/2010 1:51 PM, James Hogarth wrote:

> At any rate I stand by my position that in tech if you are going to
> put an opinion piece out on a mailing list, a blog or another medium
> it should be relevant to the current situation and not something you
> tried a year ago and didn't work out great so you advise others to
> steer clear a year later without checking to see what progress, if
> any, has been made in that area.

Agreed, but a large part of that opinion and one of the most helpful
pieces of information for others relates to how stable a project is over
a long period of time.  Of course it is hard to predict the future, but
the past is often a good indicator.  If we weren't all interested in
stability, we probably wouldn't be subscribed to this particular mail list.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com