[CentOS] [OT] Label Printer Recommendations

Colin Coles

colin at wemoto.com
Sat Aug 28 11:52:51 UTC 2010

Greetings Folks,
 I am after any recommendations or experiences using Label printers to print
barcodes with CentOS, we currently using Star TSP700's but they're not clear
enough for the scanners we have. There seems to be plenty of choice but not
much Linux support going on, 'Never had anyone ask for Linux drivers
before..' seems to be the most common answer when trying to buy. I have also
tried a Brother P-Touch QL-550 but can't seem to get that to print at all
using the Foomatic drivers available online.

TIA

Colin.