[CentOS] e2fsck with millions of files

cliff here c4ifford at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 13:26:07 UTC 2010

Yep, same answer here, I had RHEL4.8 on a 2.6 TB MSA, and you just leave it
going over the weekend.

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 08:14:23AM -0500, Sean Carolan wrote:
> > I have a large (1.5TB) partition with millions of files on it.  e2fsck
> has
> > been running nearly 12 hours and is still on "Checking directory
> structure".
> >  Any tips for speeding this along?
>
> Yes -- use ext4. Otherwise, it's inevitable.
>

> --
> Matthew Miller           mattdm at mattdm.org          <http://mattdm.org/>

NOTICE: This message, including all attachments, is intended for the use of
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to its intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
immediately by replying "Received in error" and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.