[CentOS] How to strip out the title bar from xterm windows on CentOS 5 GNOME?

Fri Dec 17 18:17:06 UTC 2010
Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com>

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Aleksey Tsalolikhin
<atsaloli.tech at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.  Running CentOS 5 with the default GNOME desktop.  Is it possible
> to configure xterm windows not to have title bars to get the most out of
> the available screenspace?
>
> I've tried to look this up but mostly find reference how to change the
> content of the title bar; I want to remove it completely.
>
> Found a reference to Compiz but the version available through CentOS
> seems old (0.0.13 compared to the current around 0.8 or 0.9) and having
> a double zero version number, I was afraid to use it.

For an Xterm you'd use an .Xresources file then install with xrdb.
The xterm man page should have the relevant entries.