[CentOS] Any news on an updated php 5.2 version in extras/testing?

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Wed Dec 1 12:50:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 07:54 -0400, robert mena wrote:
> I am wondering if/when we are going to see a 5.2.14 version there and
> if the recently disclosure of a 5.1.6 security update affects the
> 5.2.10 that is in testing.

Red Hat just put out this security alert concerning multiple PHP
vulnerabilities, which is probably what you are speaking off:
https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2010-0919.html

All these vulnerabilities except for the last one
(https://www.redhat.com/security/data/cve/CVE-2010-3870.html /
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=49687) are fixed in PHP-5.2.14. For this
one issue you might need to use the patch from the latest upstream SRPM.

Regards,
Leonard.