[CentOS] x86_64 and Thunderbird Trash folder.

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Dec 3 18:55:15 UTC 2010

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 12-1-2010 3:57 PM Jerry Geis spake the following:
>>>
>>> Um, do you ever log out, or close firefox? For that matter, do you have
>>> it set to empty trash when done? Or do you ever manually compress
>>> folders/empty trash?
>>>
>>>       mark "or just leave it running for a year at a time?"
>>>

>> NO - your correct I dont log out it's got messages in there from way
>> back. I'd like to keep them for history. I thought on a 64bit machine
there
>> were no 4G limits.
>>
> If you want to keep them, then why delete them in the first place? A trash
> can is for trash, not archives. Do you bag up the kitchen trash and then
put
> it in the garage just in case you want to look through it?

What he said. The email I don't delete, I keep for-bloody-ever, too, but I
create diretories under or outside the inbox - 2007-jan-jun, 2007-jul-dec,
etc, and six months later, dump everything from that time period into
them. Or, in the past, I've moved them to directories named for the folks
the mail's from.

Nothing's going to run forever without having problems at some point.
Empty your trash!

        mark