[CentOS] XFS or EXT3 ?

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Fri Dec 3 20:13:37 UTC 2010

Thanks to everyone that answered, for all the replies to my
questions about XFS.

I've taken note of the points raised, and gone with ext3 for
now (again).

I do have a backup strategy in place, and you can use my PHP
script from here, if you like it:

Having made regular backups to the hard drive, I then as I
feel is appropriate, make CD/DVD backups from the backup
drive.

I've lost hard drives and data in the past, so now I take
precautions not to loose any data I need.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

in practice they are not.