[CentOS] XFS or EXT3 ?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Dec 3 20:51:03 UTC 2010

On 12/03/10 12:25 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Whenever anyone mentions backups, I like to plug the backuppc program
> (http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/index.html and packaged in EPEL).  It
> uses compression and hardlinks all duplicate files to keep much more
> history than you'd expect on line with a nice web interface - and does
> pretty much everything automatically.

I'm curious how you backup backuppc, like for disaster recovery,
archival, etc?   since all the files are in a giant mess of symlinks
(for deduplication) with versioning, I'd have to assume the archive
volume gets really messy after awhile, and further, something like that
is pretty darn hard to make a replica of it.

this has kept me leery of it.