[CentOS] LVM change disk

muhammad panji

sumodirjo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 06:47:15 UTC 2010

Dear all,
I have a 4,1TB Logical volume consist of four disks with size of 2TB,
1TB, 1TB, and 500GB. The LV currently full. I plan to change the 1Tb
disks and 500Gb disks. I plan to remove one 1TB disk or the 500GB so
that I can replace it with 2TB disk. most LVM tutorial ask to use
pvmove to move phisical extent to the new disk. The problem is that I
have no SATA port left so that I can't move PE to the new disk. How to
migrate the data safely so that I can replace the disk? Thank you in
advance
regards,

--
-----