[CentOS] LVM change disk

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 12:57:08 UTC 2010

On Saturday 04 December 2010 02:47:15 muhammad panji wrote:
> The problem is that I have no SATA port left so that I can't move PE to the
> new disk.

I don't see how you can solve your problem with the current setup (you need to
free up space and put it somewhere but you don't have any more disks to add to
the volume group as you don't have any more SATA ports left...).
Two possible workarounds:

Free up 500GB of space by:
1- temporarily moving the data to an external USB drive or....
2- move the data to another host (thru the network)

Then you can use "pvmove" to remove the 500GB drive and put the 2TB one.

--
Jorge