[CentOS] IPV4 is nearly depleted, are you ready for IPV6?

Rob Del Vecchio rob.delvecchio at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 13:51:54 UTC 2010

FWIW, I have a netbook (Windows 7) which does something interesting.  I
bring it up because it is something that may be applicable to CentOS.
There is a tunneling pseudo-interface which is only IPv6; it has two
addresses, the IPv6 address, and a local-link IPv6 address.  The hardware
interfaces also have two addresses, an IPv6 local-link back to the tunnel,
and an IPv4 address given by the router.
However, I am not sure that this is efficient for anything other than a
light-use personal machine, and unfortunately I'm not sure what happens when
it is connected to an IPv6 router! ):
Attached is a screen shot since I'm not sure that my description gave it
justice.

Rob