[CentOS] IPV4 is nearly depleted, are you ready for IPV6?

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Dec 7 11:33:59 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, December 07, 2010 07:23 PM, Mathieu Baudier wrote:
>>>      b)  Do I get charged by my ISP on a per-device basis?
>>
>> Heh, if they want to micromanage...
>
> This is no science fiction.

Never said it was.

> Some big providers in some countries limit the number of device that
> can connect to internet. You have to register the MAC address of your
> single PC (which, by the way, is expected to run Windows or MacOS)

Not news to me. Netvigator over here had single computer in its terms
and conditions and single user/multiple user accounts. And only they had
such terms but they never did try to enforce them. Not with all the
competition around.

> In that case, a NAT router sending the MAC address expected by the
> provider could have (maybe, possibly...) been very handy.
> (I won't tell more, even though I have left the country and the
> provider in question)

/me does not care. Not sure about other folks though...do them a service :-p