[CentOS] IPV4 is nearly depleted, are you ready for IPV6?

David Sommerseth dazo at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 7 12:29:41 UTC 2010

On 07/12/10 12:23, Mathieu Baudier wrote:
>>>     b)  Do I get charged by my ISP on a per-device basis?
>>
>> Heh, if they want to micromanage...
>
> This is no science fiction.
> Some big providers in some countries limit the number of device that
> can connect to internet. You have to register the MAC address of your
> single PC (which, by the way, is expected to run Windows or MacOS)

For a lot of people, it is always possible to vote with your wallet.

If a provider is too restrictive for you, choose another one.  I pay my
fees to the ISP I feel is worthy to have me as customer.  So if they
want my money, they must please me.  But I am also willing to pay a bit
more to a competitor who can fulfil my demands if my current provider
does not deliver according to the agreement and my expectations

Of course this is not possible in places where there are only one
option.  But then try to approach, if possible, other ISPs anyway, to
see what they can offer you.

kind regards,

David Sommerseth