[CentOS] display issue after installing centos 5.5 on hp probook 4420s

Agnello George

agnello.dsouza at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 18:34:49 UTC 2010

HI

I was just assigned a laptop with a pre install windows 7 in it. I decide to
dual boot this server with cent os 5.5 , i did a "linux text " at the boot
prompt as anaconda was not able to display the graphis screen ( it was
barely viable ) . The installation happened perfect , but when i start x
windows " startx" or init3 , i can barely see the display. I dont know where
the issue lies , what module do i need to load .The display is barely
visible .

Thanks for all the help !!

--
Regards