[CentOS] SELinux - way of the future or good idea but !!!

Max Hetrick maxhetrick at verizon.net
Wed Dec 8 16:07:20 UTC 2010

On 12/08/2010 10:39 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:

> Don't run software you don't trust. Keep the software you run up to
> date.  Don't open files you don't trust.

Agree here. We have very few issues at my company, because we stress the
issue of thinking before you click, especially when it comes to desktop
users. If you think about something before you just automatically do it,
it often avoids a problem to begin with.

This applies to any desktop user on any desktop OS. Think before you
open something, think before you do something. If you're not sure who
sent it, or you don't trust it, or you don't recognize where it's from,
then don't open it or consult IT to check it out.

The best and first security is and always will be the physical layer,
after that, put some thought into, or teach desktop users to put thought
into their actions before they or you actually do it.

Regards,
Max