[CentOS] dhcp + static dns

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Thu Dec 9 00:24:02 UTC 2010

> Hi all,
>
> Not having issues setting this in Ubuntu or Windows but I cannot seem
> to add a static DNS or search path without it getting over written
> when networks restarts.
>
> The file dhclient.conf seems ignored.
>
> I would like to simply have a fixed DNS and search path added to what
> ever was found by the dhcp client.
>
> So I don't think peersdns=no is an option.
>
> Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I note that you've specified in your message that you've specified the
option as "peerdns" but it should be uppercase, a la:

PEERDNS=no

As to the static IP, that's specified from the DHCP server.  If you're
running a Linux based DHCP server, you set up the dhcpd.conf like so for
that client

host some-system {
hardware ethernet XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;
fixed-address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX;