[CentOS] PERC 6/E continue switch between "write though" and "write back"????

mcclnx mcc

mcclnx at yahoo.com.tw
Thu Dec 9 15:41:26 UTC 2010

We have several DELL R900 server with PERC 6/E adapter in it. O.S. is CENTOS 5.5.  recently one of server continue pop-up messages on /var/log/message for switch status between "write back" and "write through".

Dec  6 08:09:31 host01 Server Administrator: Storage Service EventID: 2189  The controller write policy has been changed to Write Back.:  Battery 0 Controller 0
Dec  7 13:20:13 host01 Server Administrator: Storage Service EventID: 2188  The controller write policy has been changed to Write Through.:  Battery 0 Controller 0
Dec  9 01:09:39 host01 Server Administrator: Storage Service EventID: 2188  The controller write policy has been changed to Write Through.:  Battery 0 Controller 0
Dec  9 07:38:29 host01 Server Administrator: Storage Service EventID: 2189  The controller write policy has been changed to Write Back.:  Battery 0 Controller 0

I double check PERC 6/E is NOT on battery "learn cycle".  When it change to "write though" I also use OPMN check status and NO battery low issue.

I tried to use OPMN change status from "write though" to "write back" but it not work.

Anyone know why PERC 6/E status continue change?

Thanks.