[CentOS] What NAS device(s) do you use? And why?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Dec 11 17:33:44 UTC 2010

On 12/11/10 8:15 AM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Maybe I'm just not shopping around enough, or maybe I prefer to well
> known brands, I don't know.

oh, another.  NexSAN ... this is more SAN block storage than NAS file
storage, but you can put a  NFS server between your NAS clients and it
for NAS functionality.

the SATAbeast is like 48 SATA drives, for up to 84TB raw (typically
you'd want to reserve some hotspares and some level of raid striping,
say, 7 x 6-way raid5)

these don't have the same level of total redundancy as a NetApp Filer
has, but they are way cheaper.