[CentOS] Sun X4640

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Dec 13 20:12:31 UTC 2010

John R Pierce wrote:
> On 12/13/10 11:39 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Problems with a relatively new server: anyone have one of these, and if
>> I see ECC errors complaining about "node 2, core x", does "node 2" mean
>> board 2, or is that the third board, counting from zero, or...?
>
> means you should call Sun service. or look in the server hardware
> documentation, where there's probably a map of the memory modules.

I've been working with them (right, the engineer I'm working with is in
Chile, while I'm in DC). I *think* this is a Linux naming convention,
though. Anyway, after I posted, I mentioned the problem to my manager, and
he suggested I look in dmesg. I went to one of the other identical boxes,
and looked, and sure enough, Linux is looking at it from node 0, so it's
the third board (if you count from 1). <g>

             mark