[CentOS] OT: programming language for morons (newbie friendly language in Open Source world)

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 10:31:35 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 14:49 -0700, Warren Young wrote:
>> On 12/13/2010 9:37 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> > On 12/13/2010 10:14 AM, Sven Aluoor wrote:

<knip>

>> > Perl is probably the easiest next step for someone who has shell
>> > scripting experience.
>> Seconded.
>
> -1 Perl is a withering dinosaur.

Comments like this one show you know nothing about modern Perl.

>> Don't be distracted by the Perl 6 noise.  Perl 6 has been "coming" for a
>> decade now,
>
> +1
>
> I expect by the time P6 arrives very few people will care;  Perl has
> been fading for a long time.

http://blog.timbunce.org/2008/03/08/perl-myths/

now, are we done spreading FUD about Perl yet? If you do not like it,
do not use it. A lot more people like it than you think possible,
shocking ain't it.

--
natxo