[CentOS] Installing Centos 5.5 64 bit issues

sylvan.dcunha at gmail.com sylvan.dcunha at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 15:07:30 UTC 2010

Dear All,

Thanks for all the help.

By the way I did install centos 5.5 in text mode and everything went
fine .cthe server to the network and then found that i was not able to ping
the gateway

when i do a network restart i see that eth0 comes up normally

also when i do a modprobe eth0 im returened back to prompt with no errors

the switch port shows the link up

ifconfig shows the interface is up and running

how could I know that the driver is installed correctly .. or any way i
could know that my interface is up and working correctly

thanks and regards

if you need more details i would highly apprecite if you could ask please

regards

simon