[CentOS] Antwort: MegaRAID SAS 9280-24i4e -- Centos support.

Lisandro Grullon lgrullon at CityTech.Cuny.Edu
Tue Dec 14 16:15:43 UTC 2010

Timo,
Its interesting, I am presently attending a conference in NYC and in one
of the tables I saw the redhat vendor. My first question to them was "
What do you think about centos", they reply "You are using a
distribution without support and that is prompt to failure..." I don't
think this is an accurate statement is it? Anyway to make the story
short, they keep telling how bad centos is for our datacenter and that I
should consider adopting redhat which is more "robust", offers
"virtualization" and nearly real-time support for its customers. I
didn't go the extra mile to ask for pricing but would appreciate  your
input about what they said about centos. Lisandro

>>> Timo Schoeler  12/14/10 9:44 AM >>>
thus Lisandro Grullon spake:
> Thank u timo,
> I will test this further when I get home. I have been having
nightmares getting this card working from an OS iso, it appears that the
card is very new and the drivers have not been integrated into the
distributions or kernel. The alternative is to load the driver via
console using any of the modules supply by LSI. Thank you again Timo for
your guidance. Lisandro

You're welcome.

Ah, and welcome to the world of proprietary drivers. This is something
that the OpenBSD guys do right: They ignore them. ;)

Timo