[CentOS] {SOLVED}Re: Yum Updates dependencies missing (rpmforge)

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 17:03:51 UTC 2010

> From the time the problem began, it had to do with
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: libx264.so.68 is needed by package
> cinelerra-2.1-0.15.20070108.el5.rf.i386 (installed)
>
> However, cinelerra was *never* one of the packages set to be updated.

The problem may be that libx264 was set to be updated, but could not
be because installed package cinelerra had an absolute dependency on
an older version (rather than an "at least" dependency).

> I am not using cinelerra at this time, so I removed it this morning:
>
>  cinelerra.i386 0:2.1-0.15.20070108.el5.rf
>
> After that, I was able to yum update the box, with no issues.

I seem to recall having to drop several packages that depended on a
specific libx264 version a while ago, but I no longer remember which
ones (lua related, possibly?).