[CentOS] RAID help

Philix T A philixlinux at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 07:15:00 UTC 2010

1) RAID 1 is good for reading while writing is a overhead for the disk and
may hit the performance
2) Dont create RAID for swap and / root partition (Not Advisable)
3) Swap Size size should be 2X the size of the Physical memory
4) Always partition which uses high read/write to the disk  eg /var/log
/var/www/html  and /home etc
5) Use LVM for partitions and swap where your Video files resides and make
it minimum as of now and Learn the growth of the partition and increase as
per requirement
6) My experience had always shown if your apps had memory leak , expect
Swapping to happen for sure,  where reboot of the apps or the system is
needed

Thanks
Philix