[CentOS] use parted to create "raw paration"????

mcclnx mcc

mcclnx at yahoo.com.tw
Thu Dec 16 16:12:36 UTC 2010

we have CENTOS 5.5 on X86.  I tried to create a "raw partition" (NOT FS) on a disk and it continue to show "ext3".  How can I get ride of it?

===   procedures=====

# parted /dev/sde
GNU Parted 1.8.1
Using /dev/sde
Welcome to GNU Parted! Type 'help' to view a list of commands.
(parted) p

Model: DELL PERC 5/E Adapter (scsi)
Disk /dev/sde: 3146GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt

Number  Start   End    Size   File system  Name      Flags
 1      17.4kB  120GB  120GB               primary
 2      120GB   240GB  120GB  ext3         primary2

(parted) rm 2
(parted) p

Model: DELL PERC 5/E Adapter (scsi)
Disk /dev/sde: 3146GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt

Number  Start   End    Size   File system  Name     Flags
 1      17.4kB  120GB  120GB

(parted) mkpart prm2 120g 240g
(parted) p

Model: DELL PERC 5/E Adapter (scsi)
Disk /dev/sde: 3146GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt

Number  Start   End    Size   File system  Name     Flags
 1      17.4kB  120GB  120GB               primary
 2      120GB   240GB  120GB  ext3         prm2