[CentOS] Building packages using RPMBUILD

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Dec 16 16:20:10 UTC 2010

On Thursday, December 16, 2010 11:11:17 am Keith Roberts wrote:
> I had already installed the packages mentioned in the Centos
> wiki.
>
> These won't cause conflicts at all with each other?

Don't know for sure, but in the case of RPMs I've built on CentOS 4 and 5 in the past they coexisted ok.  But I need to double check the wiki to make sure I'm doing it the same way 'recommended'; I've been building my own RPMs for different purposes for a long time (right now 12 years total, and it's been 11 years since the start of my five year stint maintaining the PostgreSQL RPM set, some work of which you're still using if you're still using CentOS 3 or 4 in production), so I'm going to see things from a different point of view than someone who hasn't ever done it.

Try it out and see.