[CentOS] Building packages using RPMBUILD

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 16:50:05 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2010, Akemi Yagi wrote:

>> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SetupRpmBuildEnvironment

> I was refering to this Centos wiki article:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/I_need_the_Kernel_Source
>
> The second part.
>
> I'll read up on the link you sent me.

That is a "digest" version of the SetupRpmBuildEnvironment page.

> Is the link you sent me more relevant than the MaxRPM
> guidelines:
>
> http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/p5206.html

The CentOS wiki has been written for ... CentOS users. :-O  The info
in there is supposed to be enough for building rpms under CentOS. If,
on the other hand, you find something that is missing in the article,
please report to the centos-docs mailing list. It's a wiki, so
contributions from users are always welcomed.

Akemi