[CentOS] centos 5.5 x64 bit issues on sun blade X6270 SERVER MODULE

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Dec 16 19:09:58 UTC 2010

sylvan.dcunha at gmail.com wrote:
<snip>
> here in the readme it does mention 64 bit

What does it say about 64 bit systems? As I said, it sounds like you've
got the driver in the wrong directory. You might check for the driver in
the 32-bit directory, and what does file say about it? You REALLY, REALLY
need to get the right proprietary driver in the right place.

> as you said I delete the xorg.conf file and ran system-config-display
> selected vesa gives the same error
>
> here below is my xorg.conf file

Where's the monitor section?
For example, mine has a stanza
Section "Monitor"
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "DELL 2007FP"
    HorizSync       30.0 - 83.0
    VertRefresh     56.0 - 76.0
EndSection

which is not right for yours, unless you happen to have the same make and
model monitor, but there ought to be one.

<snip>
> Section "Device"
> Identifier "Videocard0"
> Driver "vesa"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
> Identifier "Screen0"
> Device "Videocard0"

This ought to have a line like below.
  Monitor   "Monitor0"

> DefaultDepth 24
> SubSection "Display"
> Viewport 0 0
> Depth 24
> EndSubSection
> EndSection

Please stop replying directly to me - keep it onlist, so others can jump in.

          mark