[CentOS] MySQL repositores

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Thu Dec 16 22:31:03 UTC 2010

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010, Ruslan Sivak wrote:

> To: centos at centos.org
> From: Ruslan Sivak <russ at vshift.com>
> Subject: [CentOS] MySQL repositores

> Are there any repositories for CentOS 5.5 that keep the latest MySQL
> versions?
>
> After enabling everything I can think off (CentOS, rpmforge, epel), I'm
> still only seeing 5.0.77-4.el5_5.4.
>
> 5.5 came out yesterday and 5.1 has been around for a while.
>
> I don't want to manually install from the mysql site for obvious reasons.
>
> Russ

You can install it for Centos from remi repo.

Installed Packages
Name       : mysql
Arch       : i386
Version    : 5.1.48
Release    : 1.el5.remi.1
Size       : 2.3 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : MySQL client programs and shared libraries.
URL        : http://www.mysql.com
License    : GPLv2 with exceptions
database server. MySQL is a
            : client/server implementation consisting of a
server daemon (mysqld)
            : and many different client programs and
libraries. The base package
            : contains the MySQL client programs, the client
shared libraries, and
            : generic MySQL files.

Regards,

Keith