[CentOS] Google Picasa / GNOME / how to launch application?

Fri Dec 17 10:58:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 4:25 AM, Sven Aluoor <aluoor at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I had installed Picasa,apparently properly, but am unable to launch
>> the application. In the GNOME Desktop menu, Applications > Graphics >
>> Picasa > Picasa it does not launch. Reinstalled it and the same issue.
<snip>
> please execute the wrapper /opt/picasa/bin/picasa in Terminal and send
> the output (errors).

Sven: I'm not sure if I did this properly. Am posting everything
below. Thank you for your time and help! Lanny

[lanny at dell1602 picasa]$ ls
bin  desktop  GPLV2  LGPLV2  lib  LICENSE.FOSS  README  wine
[lanny at dell1602 picasa]$ cd bin
[lanny at dell1602 bin]$ ls
common.sh       mediadetector   setpicasascreensaver   xdg-utils-1.0.2
fontinstall.sh  picasa          showpicasascreensaver
icons           picasafontcfg   wrapper
killpicasa      repackage32.sh  xdg-user-dirs-0.8
[lanny at dell1602 bin]$ picasa
/usr/bin/picasa: line 139:  3648 Segmentation fault
"$PIC_BINDIR"/wrapper check_dir.exe.so
/usr/bin/picasa: line 175:  3743 Segmentation fault
"$PIC_BINDIR/wrapper" regedit /E $registry_export
HKEY_USERS\\S-1-5-4\\Software\\Google\\Picasa\\Picasa2\\Preferences\\
[lanny at dell1602 bin]$

if I try to execute wrapper for Picasa, I get a command not found:

[lanny at dell1602 bin]$ wrapper
bash: wrapper: command not found