[CentOS] Sendmail Replay problem

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 12:49:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 3:27 AM, sync <jiannma at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 2:09 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 12/16/10 2:56 AM, sync wrote:
>> > Hi , guys :
>> >

>> > I have a problem about the sendmail replay . The following is my
>> > condition:
>> >
>> > I have installed the sendmail server on my laptop which installed
>> >  CentOS 5.5
>> > x86 64,
>> > and I want to set up the sendmail replay.
>> >

>> > That is to say . If my linux account called test and his mail address is
>> > test at test.com <mailto:test at test.com>,
>> > when he get the new mail, then the server send the mail to the company
>> > mail
>> > server ,
>> >   the new mail address is test at aa.com <mailto:test at aa.com>
>>
>> I assume you mean relay instead of replay, but your example requires the
>> address
>> to be re-written so maybe you mean forwarding.  For known users you can
>> manage
>> this with aliases.
>>

> Thanks for all suggestions.

I didn't see "install exim". You see, sendmail is very poor about
dealing with unqualified local email addresses: "root" and yout local
account name won't get relayed to the smarthost unless you set up
aliases or .forwards or other settings for them, anyway.

postfix can handle that, but then it ignores local .forwards and
locally configured aliases. Also unacceptable in my book.

Exim rather easily does both. If you'd like, I'll post my notes on the
configuration.