[CentOS] Intel NIC

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 17:11:51 UTC 2010

On 12/17/10 10:21 AM, Helmut Drodofsky wrote:
> - I'm using 5.2 or 5.3 as a host.
> - my expierince: 5.4 is not stable with vmware as a host.
>
> The hosts are completely behind firewall.
>
> Vmware server 2.0.2-203138
>
> With 5.3 my problem was solved.

The 2.x series of vmware server are badly broken with respect to RHEL/Centos -
plus the change to the web based console is horrible.  I'm running the older 1.x
server on several centos 5.5 machines with no problems.  But, if it is at all
feasible you are better off running the free Vmware ESXi on the host instead of
the server version.  You do need a windows box to run the remote console, though.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com