[CentOS] Moving from Fedora -- Advice??

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 17:29:38 UTC 2010

On 12/17/10 11:11 AM, Guenther Boelter wrote:
> On 12/18/2010 01:04 AM, Beartooth wrote:
>>
>> 	I'm running Fedora14 on all machines, including my wife's -- and
>> I'm the nearest (distant) thing there is to tech support.
>
> What's wrong with Fedora in that case, what do you think is the benefit
> of using CentOS instead?

You'll get tired of having to re-install fedora at least yearly.  If you are
young that might not sound like very often - but eventually you'll change your
mind, especially if you manage very many machines and/or run into the problems
you hit with less-tested versions.  Remember that the main purpose for fedora is
to get the first large-scale testing done before things go into RHEL.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com