[CentOS] Intel NIC

Gerhard Schneider gs at ilsb.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Dec 18 09:19:25 UTC 2010

The problem with VMWare Server is that it is a discontinued product for
longer time and they don't provide us with a suitable replacement.

So our institute had to switch to VMWare workstation that can be run as
a server, too. I'm running CentOS 5.5 as the Host OS and 5.5 and
RHEL6beta as guests. We didn't try out RHEL6 (waiting for CentOS6 :-)

GS

--
Gerhard Schneider
Institute of Lightweight Design and         e-Mail: gs at ilsb.tuwien.ac.at
Structural Biomechanics (E317)                 Tel.: +43 664 60 588 3171
Vienna University of Technology / Austria      Fax:    +43 1 58801 31799
A-1040 Wien, Gusshausstrasse 27-29     http://www.ilsb.tuwien.ac.at/~gs/